Creating wedding flowers can be tremendously creative, fun and fulfilling. From choosing the flowers and designs to installing the finished pieces on the big day, there will be lots to keep you busy and plenty to think about.
To help you on your way, we are offering this three day course, which covers all of the key considerations for creating flowers with aplomb. It is ideal for anyone who wants to learn more about doing wedding flowers professionally, for a friend or a relative, or even themselves. It is also a wonderful introduction into the world of flowers, and you will acquire skills that will last for a lifetime and be adaptable to all floral decorations. If there is something that you would really like to know that isn't included in the course programme let us know now and we will see if it can be included.
In this course, we teach you how to make:
• designs suitable for the ceremony, reception and bridal party
• technique of creating a flower wall
• big, attention-grabbing floral displays
• hanging designs
• high and low table centres
• buttonholes and corsages
• bridesmaids' posies
• bouquets for the bride
• wedding cake and table decorations
We will also share tips on how to plan the wedding:
• choosing suitable flowers and designs for the ceremony, reception and bridal party
• the most important designs: the ones that you should prioritise, and those that can be considered 'luxury' items.
• how to make the most of your budget
• where to source your flowers and how to buy them successfully
• how to condition your flowers, so that they last
• hiring props and containers
• working in a venue, such as a hotel
• ways to enhance your decorations - using candles, tea lights, mirrors etc
Judith Blacklock Certificate awarded on completion of this course
10:30 am to 4:00 pm
All materials included, plus tea and coffee provided