This is one of the best three-day flower arranging courses and covers all you need to know about creating floral displays for your own wedding or that of a friend or family member. And with a little more experience you can be well on your way to earning money from these very special occasions. You will learn how to plan everything in advance from sourcing your flowers to transporting them on the day. We will teach you the shortcuts to take and those to be avoided.
It is a wonderful introduction into the world of flowers, and you will acquire skills through our flower arranging courses that will last for a lifetime, and be adaptable to all floral decorations. Judith and her team of specialist wedding planners will help you understand how to get in the work, charge for the work and to provide beautiful flowers – the most important part of the wedding!
In this wedding floristry course, we teach you how to make:
- Designs suitable for the ceremony, reception and bridal party
- Technique of creating a flower wall
- Large, attention-grabbing floral displays
- Hanging designs
- High and low table centrepieces
- Bridesmaids’ posies
- Bouquets for the bride
- Decorations for the wedding cake
- Floral crowns
We will also share tips on how to plan the wedding:
- Choosing suitable flowers and designs for the ceremony, reception and bridal party
- The most important designs: the ones you should prioritise, and those that can be considered ‘luxury’ items
- Making the most of your budget
- Where to source your flowers and how to buy them successfully
- Conditioning your flowers, so that they last
- Hiring props and containers
- Working in a venue, such as a hotel
- Ways to enhance your decorations – using candles, tea lights, mirrors etc
The Judith Blacklock Wedding Flowers Diploma awarded on completion of this course.
To purchase Judith’s Wedding Flowers book click here
“A very useful book for anyone wanting to learn good floristry techniques or refresh their skills. Having done Judith’s Wedding Flower course, I found this an excellent reference book for when I couldn’t quite remember how to do something like wiring an orchid. Lovely photos and very inspiring. I think it would have been useful to have a guide of flower quantities – e.g. numbers of each flower used in the arrangements in the photos. Like all her books, they are essential for any budding florist who wants to ‘do it right’!”