Master the new skills and techniques of the floristry business from the comfort of your home with an expert tutor.
This business-focused professional & events styling floristry course is for anyone who wants to become a florist, but is unable to attend classes at the flower school in London. Students do have to buy the flowers and foliage for each module. We believe it is the only fully comprehensive online professional floristry course that gives all the specialist information and practical skills necessary to earn money working with flowers.
- Those who want to study part-time or who are seeing a career change
- School leavers
- Anyone who would prefer to retrain while still working
- International students with English as a second language
- Time-pressed parents and carers
- Those with no previous experience with flowers
About the business floristry course:
- Led by Judith and her team of expert and experienced tutors – all of whom have both professional floristry and teaching qualifications
- 20 modules covering practical and theoretical work, both of which are assessed
- Access anywhere in the world, at any time, via the secure website
- Covers up-to-date floristry practices worldwide
- The Judith Blacklock Diploma, with a numbered certificate, is awarded upon successful completion of the business floristry course
- Reference information on more than 180 important flowers and foliage
- 20 comprehensive professionally-produced films
- Information and guidance on just about every aspect of floristry
- 10 hours of one-to-one time with your own private tutor
- Support and guidance with access to Judith via email at any time
- Easy to understand comprehensive teaching anticipating difficulties before they happen!
- 12 months to complete your studies which can be extended on application
- Unlimited access to the course material and videos until course completion
- Starter pack of essential flower arranging equipment worth more than £100, sent free of charge to any country in the world
You will be taught:
- Arrangements for large venues such as churches, marquees or reception halls
- Flowers in a vase and handtied bouquets
- Large scale designs (high and low table arrangements)
- Table decoration and top table designs
- Flexible garlands
- Pedestal (large raised designs to be seen from three sides)
- Buttonholes, wedding bouquets and comprehensive wiring techniques
- The latest trends and techniques with up-to-the-minute materials
- How to set up your own business
- How to buy and manage stock
- The elements and principles of design
- Sympathy work
- Online marketing
- The trade secrets that will enable you to make a few flowers go a long way
and a lot more…
Students are required to purchase their own flowers and foliage for each module.
The Judith Blacklock Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of this professional business online course and students are eligible to receive an invitation from the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) to become a Certified Floral Designer.
Dates: You choose, that’s the joy!
A few examples of what past students who have taken this course have gone onto achieve – we are immensely proud: